Neurologist in PCMC
The area of medicine known as neurology is dedicated to understanding and treating nervous system problems. The nervous system controls and synchronises bodily functions in a sophisticated and complex manner. It is divided into two main groups: peripheral nervous system and central nervous system. At 7 Orange hospital, we have experts and well-known Neurologist in PCMC.
Overview of Neurology
The field of medicine known as neurology focuses on the investigation and therapy of nervous system diseases. The nervous system is a sophisticated, intricate mechanism that controls and synchronises bodily functions. Two main divisions make up this:
- Brain and spinal cord make up the central nervous system.
- The rest of the nervous system, including the skin, ears, eyes, and other “sensory receptors,” is called the periphery nervous system.
A neurologist is a medical professional with expertise in neurology. Among the conditions that the neurologist addresses are those that affect the brain, spinal cord, and nerves, including:
- vascular disease of the brain, such as stroke
- disorders of the central nervous system can cause demyelination, including multiple sclerosis
- headache conditions
- brain and peripheral nervous system infections
- Parkinson’s disease is one example of a movement issue
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (Lou Gehrig’s illness), Parkinson’s disease, and other neurodegenerative diseases
- diseases of seizures, such as epilepsy
- spinal cord conditions
- issues with speech and language
In both the inpatient and outpatient settings, neurologists examine patients who have been referred to them by other medical professionals. Beginning their encounters with patients, neurologists take a thorough medical history before providing a physical examination with an emphasis on the neurological system. The patient’s cognitive function, cranial nerves, motor strength, sensibility, reflexes, coordination, and gait are all evaluated as part of the neurological examination.
All of the aforementioned diseases must be diagnosed, treated, and managed by neurologists. at 7 orange hospital, we havewell-known Neurologist in PCMC. The neurologist may send the patient to a neurosurgeon or an interventional neuroradiologist when surgical or endovascular intervention is necessary. When it is thought that a patient has passed away, a neurologist may have additional legal obligations in some nations, such as determining brain dead. When the primary symptoms of hereditary (genetic) disorders are neurological, as is commonly the case, neurologists frequently treat affected individuals. Neurologists commonly do lumbar punctures. Some neurologists might become interested in a specific subfield, such as multiple sclerosis, dementia, movement disorders, neurointensive care, headaches, epilepsy, sleep disorders, or chronic pain management.
Visit 7 Orange hospital to get appointment or neurology treatment from our Neurologist in PCMC.